Monday, February 11, 2013

Finished Quilt - Madrona Road Herringbone



Simple, straight line quilting made quick work of getting this quilt finished over the weekend.



Made from a jelly roll of Madrona Road by Violet Craft, this quilt contains a piece of every fabric in the collection.  I also added strips of Kona Cotton in white and ash to break up all those prints.
Sized for a small child, it measures 42" x 49".


I realized after I started putting the top together that the design echoed one of the prints, aptly named Broken Herringbone.  It was the natural choice for the back.  The black and white striped binding picks up all the black tones in the fabrics.

black and white striped bindng


As always, the binding is machine stitched and I used my favorite method of gluing it down first. This photo shows the stitching along the front binding edge, catching it along the back edge. Works every time!

colorful modern quilt with madrona road fabric

I really enjoyed sewing the herringbone design and would like to make it again with a more deliberate placement of the prints, rather than the random placement in this quilt.  Hmmm...and maybe a tutorial, too.
Other posts about the making of this quilt can be found here and  here.


Linked up with:
Fresh Poppy Design     IMG_6373

                                                                                            Randi at i have to say        

Happy Sewing,

Tessa Marie


19 comments:

  1. It's such a lovely quilt...I'm sure that you're excited to have completed it! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simplicity of this quilt. I'd love to be able to do a better job with machine sewing my binding on...any chance for a tutorial on how you do it??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love this so much! A tutorial would be fab :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! A quilt like this has been on my list for a couple months now. Maybe in March? I love the straight line quilting with the design too--neat variety from the more expected (at least to me) echo quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilt! The straight line quilting sets it off beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to see a tutorial for this quilt! And I think the placement of the fabric looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This turned out great Tessa, your quilting sets it off nicely and I love the black and white binding. I can never make my machine binding look so nice though. Maybe I should try your glue trick!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a beautiful quilt. I love the binding and the quilting - what great choices :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! OMGoodness. Fantastic! The binding is perfect!

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This turned out wonderfully. Nice use of a jelly roll!!!

    -Amanda-

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eeek! I love the mixture of all of the prints in both colorways. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks great! I love the colors and the straight line quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That quilt looks great. Really a fresh look imo. Good job! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love, love, love your quilt! So pretty. Great use of the jelly roll!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both these quilts look amazing. Your binding suits the quilt perfectly too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful! This is one of my favorite lines. Fantastic use of a jelly roll!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is absolutely lovely! I love the fabrics and the quilt design, truly stunning!

    Jenn
    www.quiltedthimblecottage.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I try to respond to all of them, but if time doesn't permit, please know that I read every one and appreciate the time you took to connect with me :)

xo
Tessa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...