Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Rockin' Robin

Have you heard of a quilting round robin? The idea is for each person in the group to make a center medallion for a quilt and then send it on to the next person in your group. They add a border and then send it on to the next person. After everyone in the group has added a border, it comes back to you as a complete quilt top.  I recently joined a group on Threadbias called Rockin' Robin  and made this as my center...


These are all stashed fabrics, some new, some old favorites:

yellow - ribbon flowers, Katie Jump Rope by Denyse Schmidt (oop)
pink - Casey Scroll, Jennifer Paganelli (oop)
text - Madrona Road, Violet Craft, Michael Miller
dot - The Simple Life, Tasha Noel
aqua - Glamping by Mary Jane, Moda
green - Bijoux, Heather Bailey (oop)

*oop - out of print

I will be sending some scraps of these fabrics along with the center block so that the quilt will be somewhat cohesive when finished. I got the design off Pinterest, you can find the webpage here.  I am looking forward to seeing what my Threadbias buds, Jess, Kristan, Juline and Hawkfan are going to add to this.

If you think this sounds like fun, why not start your own round robin group?  It is easy because it is a small group - all you need are 4 - 7 sewing buddies who think it would be fun, too!



   Linking up with:


plum and june
plumandjune.blogspot.com


        Fresh Poppy Design

























Happy Sewing,

Tessa Marie

Follow on Bloglovin

14 comments:

  1. This is such a fun idea and your center medallion looks great! I would love to see the finished quilt top when you get it back, please post a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to give the Round Robin a try. I did a modified version once with one other person once; we'd just go back and forth adding border after border; but honestly I wasn't super pleased with the result. I think it's much more fun when you have more people. Can't wait to see how things go with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This block is lovely, great fabrics.
    Funnily enough I have just started a round robin. There are 6 of us and we are making 40inch strips which we add too. I've done a couple of blog posts if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, your center is gorgeous. So looking forward to seeing how this beauty grows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just loving the medallion center ........it is gorgeous! What a fun way to build a quilt! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what great fun but too complicated for a beginner like me.Look forward to seeing the finished quilt. I am taking part in a embroiderers round robin with the embroidery friends group, there are 10 of us, have sent my piece off and waiting for one to arrive for me to add to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks beautiful.. How big is the center square?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so pretty! I can't wait to add to it. I'm doing a little fabric organizing today, so I think I'll start pulling some fabrics that might work with it to set aside for when I get my hands on it. :) I am thinking I am going to change up my center from what I posted on Instagram...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the bright, happy quality of your block! That is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One day I hope to piece like you! Your dots and texts are lining up! Swoon. :-) I love this block and the fabric choices!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is one Sew-Weet block! Perfect fabric choices and great piecing. I love it! Can't wait to see how the quilt progresses. How fun to be participating in a Round Robin!

    Lorna:)
    http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is such a beautifully colored block! Wow! It's so fresh and charming. Love it. What an inspirational start for your group to work with.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I try to respond to all of them, but if time doesn't permit, please know that I read every one and appreciate the time you took to connect with me :)

xo
Tessa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...