Monday, September 16, 2013

Fresh Monday

A new week and a new list. But first, a recap of last week's to-do list...

1.  Cut and piece one of the Patchwork Frames quilts - check


I opted to make the print one first. I used The Simple Life from Tasha Noel and some stripes and a cherry print from my stash. Thanks for the advice I got about the sashing, as you can see, I chose to use the same Ice Frappe Kona cotton in the center of the frames. I like how using the same fabric makes the frames look like they are floating on the background.

2.  Bind the Sea Glass quilt - check and blogged here.

3.  Blocks for Trust Circle of do.Good Stitches - check


Turns out, we only needed to make one 12" x 24" rectangle. The inspiration quilt is here. This month's quilter Kristy asked for use to use low volume fabrics. I have to tell you, I am loving this so much that I think a whole quilt has just been added to my to do list.

Only putting three things on the list is certainly more reasonable. I am even thinking of breaking the list down into one new project, one old project that needs finishing and one "obligation" project.  Although this week, there are so many things that need finishing, I hesitate to start anything new!

This week's list;

1. quilt and bind the Patchwork Frames quilt

2. blocks for NewBee Quilters on Threadbias

3. add border to medallion quilt along


Can't wait to get started! What is in your list this week? Whatever it is, remember to relax and enjoy it!

Happy Sewing,

Tessa Marie

Follow on Bloglovin

9 comments:

  1. Oh, Tessa... I am lovin' that sweet Patchwork Frames quilt top. Very sweet! And your Sea Glass quilt is just gorgeous! Especially like the close up pic! Congrats on all your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The patchwork frames is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Can't wait to see the border for the medallion along. Doesn't it feel great to accomplish everything on the list. It's motivating right?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, such beautiful work, as always Tessa!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tessa your patchwork frames are spectacular. I always find your work inspiring! Thanks for sharing. Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love that patchwork frames quilt. It's so sweet and pretty looking.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you are doing with the patchwork frames quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your patchwork frames! Congratulations on the finish. Sea Glass looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been looking for a light green like the Kona you used. Can you tell me how much Kona Ice Frappe you used in your quilt and the size of the quilt? I want to make sure I purchase enough. Thank you for any help you can give me.
    godblessamerica.jan(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I try to respond to all of them, but if time doesn't permit, please know that I read every one and appreciate the time you took to connect with me :)

xo
Tessa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...