Wednesday, September 11, 2013

WIP Wednesday


Progress has been made on the Simple Life Patchwork Frames quilt. There has been lots of cutting 2" squares and chain piecing them together, which I am quite enjoying!



These fabrics are so sweet and sewing with them is making me very happy! I think it is the red and white dots that get me every time!!


Well, one block is completed anyway! I wanted to stay away from white and have used Ice Frappe in the centers, surrounded by a Candy Green frame.  Both are Kona cotton and both are gorgeous shades of green. I am a bit stumped as to what to use for sashing - the same Ice Frappe, Kona Snow, or maybe pink?
Ahhh, the possibilities!!

Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced. Always a pleasure!


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


Happy Sewing,

Tessa Marie

Follow on Bloglovin





23 comments:

  1. So cute! Love what you chose for the center! I almost always sash in white or snow, so I'm no help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute block. I can see why you feel happy when sewing with these fabrics (-:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Love how you have chosen to frame it! I think I like the ice frappe as the sashing myself. - Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sew pretty! Hope you don't mind if I share this, with a link back, on my facebook page at http://facebook.com/sewfreshquilts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos.Such sweet fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Cute!! I love how you framed them, the green is perfect!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, those really are sweet! the dots would make me happy, too. you have such lovely taste. everytime I visit your site I smile at all the yumminess. =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is the sweetest fabric! I am in love! I love your project! So sweet and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am hoarding my fq's of Simple Life for the perfect project lol this is way too cute :D
    xoxo melzie

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! Love those green colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ola, lindo demais esse bloco amei

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is so cute! I love it with the greens!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm loving this! Great choice of solids!

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely choice of fabrics and a very nice block, green always comes out top with me and wow your gingham lines are so straight, would not dare use strips etc as my piecing is not that good, hopefully it will improve with practise

    ReplyDelete
  15. That block is adorable, and so unique. Can't wait to see more of them. I have no idea about the sashing. Do some more blocks, then audition some colors and see what pops, I guess. (You're asking us? We take our cues from what you do!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holy cow that's adorable. Ice Frappe might be my favorite Kona.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I try to respond to all of them, but if time doesn't permit, please know that I read every one and appreciate the time you took to connect with me :)

xo
Tessa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...