That's right, I said Christmas!! I mean, what better way to spend the hot, lazy days of summer than getting a jump start on your holiday sewing. The quilt shops have been getting the holiday prints in and Chrissy at Sew Lux Fabric is ready to inspire you with a Christmas in July blog hop.
The list of participating bloggers is full of talent and this year's fabric bundles from designers Kate Spain, Basic Grey, Gina Martin and more are so fun and pretty. To kick off the blog hop, Chrissy is offering the bundles at a 10% discount through July 13th, use the coupon code NICELIST.
I was invited to join in and chose this bundle from Basic Grey called 25th & Pine. Still the traditional red and green, but in soft, dreamy shades. I'll be making a table runner to dress up your holiday table or buffet and can't wait to cut into this yummy bundle.
Here is the schedule for the hop:
- July 14th - Solstice Wreath Mini Tutorial on the Sew Lux blog
- July 21st - Sewing with Winter Wonderland - Lee of May Chappell
- July 22nd - Sewing with Be Jolly - Chrissy of Sew Lux
- July 23rd - Sewing the Folk Art Holiday - Sarah of Stitching & Bacon AND Megan of Quilt Story
- July 24th - Sewing with 25th & Pine - Tessa of The Sewing Chick AND Tracey of traceyjay quilts
- July 25th - Sewing with Solstice - Christen of Love by Hand AND Stephanie of Quarter Incher
And of course Chrissy is offering prizes!! Link up your creations on the Sew Lux blog between July 21st and August 4th and you could win one of the following prizes:
- Grand Prize: $50 gift certificate to Sew Lux Fabric, a set of 6 You're Sew Nice cards, and an assortment of three patterns by May Chappell
- 1st Prize: $25 gift certificate to Sew Lux Fabric, a set of 6 You're Sew Nice cards, and a pattern by May Chappell
For all the details, see the Sew Lux Fabric blog.
I am so excited to get my Christmas sewing groove on!! How about you?
Have a great week and Happy Sewing,